Understanding the Living Building Challenge
Workshop held in our new classroom!
Understanding the Living Building Challenge provides a 6-hour in-depth introduction to the Living Building Challenge. Attendees are the green building leaders in their community: design professionals, contractors, developers, owners, government officials and employees of public agencies. In short, anyone and everyone who can impact the development of the built environment.
The workshop is per-approved for 6 continuing education credits for their LEED and AIA.
|9:00-10:00||The Philosophy of the Living Building Challenge / Petal rationale + strategies: Site|
|10:15-11:45||Petal rationale + strategies: Water, Energy, Health / Small Group Discussion|
|11:45-12:30||Lunch + Case Studies|
|12:30-2:00||Petal rationale + strategies: Materials, Equity, Beauty / Small Group Discussion|
|2:00-3:30||Breaking down Barriers / Community +
Tools / Full Group Discussion
- Identify the key components of the Living Building Challenge
- Discuss the rationale for restorative design principles
- Understand successful strategies for compliance with each performance area
- Recognize financial, regulatory and behavioral barriers and incentives related to high performance design
- Describe the Living Building Challenge Community resources and certification process
Aug 21, 2012
9:00 AM to 3:30 PM